COCOA – Home Page Forums Reserve Fund Study and Plan Reserve Fund Study and Reserve Fund

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lucille Gaumond
      Participant

Heritage Village Condo Corp. put in a fee collection system called the 80/20 80% being the unit factor and 20% being the common space..what happened is due to the varying sizes of condos the bigger the condo the smaller the increase..now they have not presented a reserve fund – due to the fact that the RFS is not broken into unit factor is all in one pot so the biggest condo’s who use more of the utilities pay less proportionally…Service Alberta says it’s as dispute I call it a crime…when the smallest condo is 99 unit factor or 706 sq.ft. while the board members condo is 2300 sq.ft. or 298 UF – scamming the owners worse than call centers for the UF becomes for the smaller units $3.34 while the largest condo is $2.76 believe it – it’s true and there’s no way to even the playing field – the UPC say take it to Queens court my response is why should I do the governments dirty work…ability for bigger condo to use poll and UF votes to insure success,,now the new insurance scam – so if your condo board wants to bankrupt you they can – charging up to $50,000. even if it’s not your fault…pay attention people this is facts no one can make up stories like this…we’re hooped thanks to the UPC and NDP Service Alberta’s Nate Glubish…no words to describe this…

SB
      Participant

Agreed.
      Write to ministersa@gov.ab.ca (Nate Glubish/Service Alberta), ministryofjustice@gov.ab.ca (Doug Schweitzer/Minister of Justice and Solicitor General and anyone else you can think of. All we have left is to scream like we’re being attacked, which we are, repeatedly, and with zero shame by perpetrators of injustice, of which there are many.

Shelly

Lucille, next time you communicate with your board or manager, also CC: Minister Glubish, minister Schweitzer, Service Alberta all in the same email. The board needs to know that 3rd parties have now been notified to their behavior. Perhaps this will encourage boards to be more professional and careful in their conduct with owner’s requests. We will keep fighting for a tribunal until it happens and we can better hold board members accountable to follow the Condo Act – their main mandate.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by Shelly.
      A.
      Participant

Hi Lucille, I’m a property manager and a Chartered Professional Accountant. What you are describing really boggles my mind. The 80/20 split should never exist. Every condo has 10,000 unit factors and each owner must pay their fair share of common costs based on the unit factors assigned to the unit when the building was built. I think there is a very simple solution to this. All you need to do is apply to Court of Queen’s bench for an order to change it. If you want, send me a copy of your bylaws and I can give you further guidance. Austin@condocare.ca

Shelly

Hi Austin, not sure if Lucille has seen your post but I sent her your reply in case she would like some more guidance. I checked her bylaws and they are bizarre. Not sure if a lawyer amended the bylaws or board did on their own.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Reserve Fund Study and Reserve Fund